Since I’m just starting my blog I feel like it’s important that you get to know me a little bit better! I don’t enjoy reading blogs that are impersonal, so I want to try my best to avoid that here. On that note, here are 5 things you must know about me!
- I love Jesus! This is the most important thing you should know about me. Some of my blog posts will be faith-based, so I hope you can find encouragement in your walk with Christ through what I write here. If you don’t know anything about Jesus, feel free to follow along and learn more. I hope that through my posts and the many ways God chooses to work in your lives that you will grow closer to Him and find a saving faith in Him!
- I am married to a wonderful man named Dylan. We got married in May of this year and the past almost 4 months has been the greatest adventure of life so far! God has shown me His grace and mercy so many times in our relationship, and I plan to share posts about marriage as I learn. I’m no expert, but God is constantly teaching me new things through our marriage and refining me to be more like Him!
- I’m a small-town kinda girl. I’m a Georgia native and lived in the same house all my life (in the middle of nowhere I might add!) until May of this year when I got married and moved about 20 minutes away with my husband. While I’d love to visit some big cities one day (New York, Paris, & Seattle just to name a few), I’m certain I wouldn’t enjoy living there. I love the slow pace of small town life and I’m currently trying to simplify my routine and build a less hectic schedule. Living in a small town makes it so much easier!
- I love Harry Potter. It’s by far my favorite book and movie series! For me it’s a fun world to escape to, and just helps me wind down at the end of the day. Also, I recently watched the Lord of the Rings movies (my husband’s favorite book and movie series) and was surprised by how much I loved them as well. I’m hoping to listen to the audiobooks in the near future. I absolutely love to read, so I may be posting some book reviews from time to time! Let me know if that’s something you’d be interested in reading!
- What brings me a lot of joy is a clean + organized home! My husband thinks I’m a bit crazy because I love it so much, but a clutter-free home equals a clutter-free mind in my opinion! I recently read The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo and it made me excited to go through all my belongings and get rid of what I don’t need or use. Her book has some elements that push the concept a little too far (like thanking my socks at the end of the day…) but overall it was an inspiring read! I’ve also been watching KonMari videos on YouTube (that’s what she calls her organizing method) to motivate me to declutter. They definitely work!
I hope you enjoyed reading this! Tell me some fun facts about yourself in the comments below!